When we talk about Digital Marketing, we refer to a universe of platforms, tools and techniques that seek to sell and promote brands through digital media. These platforms are constantly evolving and changing, allowing businesses to reach more people and therefore sell more.
Social networks play a crucial role here. They have not only become the favorite place to connect and communicate. Over time they have also become the ideal platform for brands to connect with new, younger and more digital audiences.
The case of Instagram is fascinating. A social network that was born 10 years ago, whose purpose was for people to share images, has mutated into an advertising and sales machine where millions of dollars are made.
Instagram in numbers
If you need to understand perspective a bit and see how great Instagram is, here are some numbers from Hootsuite :
- 1 billion people use Instagram every month.
- 500 million people use Instagram stories every day.
- 63% of Instagram users log in at least once a day.
- 200 million users visit at least one business profile a day.
- The potential advertising reach of Instagram is 849.3 million users.
- 62% of people say they are interested in a brand after seeing it in stories.
- ⅓ of the most viewed stories are business stories.
- Video tutorials are the most popular content on Instagram.
What does this all mean? That the reach of Instagram is gigantic and brands must take advantage of it .How? Here are some tips.
Keys to succeed on Instagram
Instagram like any social network has its parameters, rules and advantages. It is up to you to make the most of it to see good results. What you should keep in mind:
The bio is your cover letter, the first thing users will see when they reach your profile. That is why it is very important that you have essential information:
- The name of the brand.
- Photo with your logo.
- Short message: what do you sell, why and what solutions do you provide.
- Link: it can be to your e-commerce, blog, website or direct chat. In the line above you can include a CTA, call to action or call to action (For example: “Read our blog here”, “Write us a message on WhatsApp”)
- Buttons: Instagram allows you to include buttons that invite users to call you, see your address or write to you.
The feed is the profile, the content of your account and there are aspects that you must take care of so that it works:
- Quality content: photos in good resolution, videos with a good image and audio, texts without spelling errors. Also make sure you have creative and engaging content .
- The character limit for the text that accompanies your content is 2,200, however, we recommend keeping them short and direct, always inviting you to perform an action on the link you put in your bio.
- Constant publication: there is something called the Instagram algorithm (we will tell you about it later) that basically shows users the publications of the accounts with which they interact the most. This means that the challenge is to achieve interactions and this can only be done by constantly posting.
- Color palette: As is evident, Instagram is a highly visual network. Taking care of the colors you use and doing everything possible to make your profile look good is essential.
- Use tags, hashtags, and locations. Use all the tools so that users know very well who you are and where they can find you.
Invest in pattern
One of the great truths that many brands refuse to accept is that organic growth is not enough for a brand to see success on social media. Even if you post amazing photos and videos every day, you will see that your brand growth is too slow.
In order to see real results, it is necessary to invest in advertising. This will be the best way to reach new followers and achieve more sales.
The instagram ad manager is very intuitive and easy to use, you can invest a small amount of money and see how it works.
What is the Instagram algorithm?
Although it can be a mysterious topic for many, there are two aspects that Instagram takes into account when displaying your content, according to Metricool :
Relevance of your account: relevance is evaluated in relation to the profiles and posts with which users interact the most. This is supposed to send a signal to the Instagram algorithm giving priority to posts from those profiles.
Engagement: based on user interactions. Views of videos and stories, likes, DM’s, re-instagramed content, comments, saved images.
How to take advantage of the Instagram algorithm?
Although many brands see it as an enemy, the Algorithm can help you boost your strategy and connect with more users. Some tips to achieve it:
- Post videos: these get more attention, which will generate more comments, likes and interactions = more visibility.
- Use stories: they are a very useful tool when it comes to connecting with followers and they have millions of views a day.
- Post at the best time: this depends on your statistics, your brand, where you are and what your target audience is. Check your stats and make sure you post at the best time.
- Respond on time: engagement is an essential factor that the algorithm takes into account. Do not delay in responding to comments and messages and you will see that Instagram will give you more visibility.
In conclusion, the algorithm does not have to be your enemy. You can strengthen your publishing and customer service tools and rank better.
What is Linktree?
As you will realize, in your bio you can only put one link. This could be limiting, especially for large accounts that share a lot of daily content (such as news). This is how Linktree was born, a free tool that allows you to have in a single link, several links to your content or offers. You can check it here.
Statistics of your Instagram account
As we always say: what is not measured cannot be improved. That is why it is so important that you constantly review your statistics and know what works and what does not. That way you can apply positive changes to your account that help you reach more people and achieve better engagement. The statistics that Instagram shows you are:
- Profile visits.
- Profile visits
- Clicks on your bio link
- Times shared
- Times saved
- General statistics
- Content with its views, reach and interactions.
- General activity of your profile with the best days and times of publication
- Audience: ages, genders, and locations of your followers, as well as their busiest days and hours.
Instagram is a universe of possibilities for brands and products. The key is to use its tools and use the algorithm to your advantage so that the sales of your business benefit. And while it may seem a bit overwhelming, you don’t have to go it alone. You can count on a team of experts in graphic design, content writing and digital guidelines to give your Instagram profile the results you expect and that the sales of your brand are better and better. For that, you can hire the services of an Abdul Rimaaz digital Marketing agency.